Currently the Alexa Scratch skill is integrated with the Alexa Scratch extension we built for Scratch 3.0 which can be run from any mobile device or computer. Currently the Alexa Extension allows users to:
- teach it answers to questions
- share with it their preferences (favorite color, movie etc)
- leave messages
- execute specific blocks on scratch
- communicate with other extensions like Jibo, Wemo plug, Spotify, etc
Getting StartedEnable the Personal Chatbot skill on Alexa! One option is to tell Alexa "Enable Personal Chatbox skill". Otherwise, you can open open your Alexa app or go to the Amazon website.
To enable Alexa skills:
- If you are using the app, go to the menu and select Skills. If you want to use the Amazon Store, find Personal Chatbax here.
- If you are using the app, open the skill detail page and select the Enable Skill option, or ask Alexa to open the skill. If you are on the Amazon Store, click the enable button on the right hand side of the page.
Connecting to Personal Chatbot from Scratch 3.0To use this extension, you will need the following blocks inside your script somewhere, in this order.
The first extension block creates a user account with Personal Chatbot. The next one logs you into that account on your computer! The last block gives you an access code to connect to Alexa properly.
Tell Alexa "Open Personal Chatbot". Alexa will ask you to say "connect followed by your access code". Tell Alexa "Connect [your access code]", and begin programming with Alexa!